Membership benefits provided by Young Engineers are a valuable tool to help UK students discover the exciting world of STEM. As the educational system changes so we grow and change with it, to ensure we can support all of our members.
Whether you are an individual student aged 16-19 or are part of a group, membership in Young Engineers can make a difference. We welcome all UK school students in full time education to become a member. We support teachers, parents and youth workers to use our portfolio of activities to deliver a successful STEM enrichment programme.
What are the Membership Benefits?
Young Engineers brings together a wide and varied collection of membership benefits especially designed to ignite interest in STEM subjects. Young Engineers has a wealth of knowledge that we want to share with you. We have over 30 years of experience in running STEM based activities. We constantly update our offerings to meet the needs of our members. Our priority is to help you understand how engineering fits in the world around you and help students see a future career.
We provide you with the following:
- educational enrichment programmes, kit loan schemes and in school delivery
- help and support to develop projects and ideas
- collection of activities, competitions and challenges
- advice and networking opportunities
- celebrations and awards
- membership gifts for student and adult members
We can even help out with student incentives such as prizes etc for STEM related activities you undertake as part of your membership!
How do we do it?
Whatever Young Engineers offering you sign up to, we do our upmost to ensure they are:
- fun, inspiring and creative
- conveying key engineering learning opportunities and messages
- using science based principles to support hands on learning
- emphasising and encouraging team working, communication and project planning skills
- showing the next steps that build on the activity being undertaken
- as affordable as possible – in fact most of our activities are FREE!
Support Young Engineers
Join Young Engineers or support our work to encourage the next generation of engineers and scientists. The benefits we give to our members can only be achieved through the generous and valued support of individuals, companies and organisations. In order to continue our work we need the support of industry. Working with Young Engineers provides a whole host of membership benefits for the supporting organisation. We encourage you to find out how you can support us and in turn we will support you. Find out more on the Support Us pages or you can contact our chief executive, Rod Edwards.